- Due to COVID-19, international students and researchers thinking of leaving and re-entering Japan should contact Juntendo University International Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) before leaving Japan.
- Under the new residency management system, a re-entry permit will not be required for mid to long term residents in Japan as long as they:
- Possess a valid passport and residence card
- Plan to return to Japan within 1 year or before their period of stay is set to expire
- Mid to long term residents in Japan may not extend their period of stay while abroad.
- Scholarship students may need to notify the organization that issues their scholarship before leaving Japan.
- Present your Residence Card at your point of departure from Japan.
- Check the “Departure with Special Re-entry Permission” box, on the Embankment Disembarkation Card for Reentrant.
- Return to Japan within 1 year or before your period of stay expires.