- Every international student with a resident status of “student” is responsible for submitting a notice to the Immigration Services Agency of Japan about their status.
- Every university is responsible for reporting the status of international students to the Immigration Services Agency of Japan.
- The Immigration Services Agency of Japan checks the notification from international students and the university report, both the notification and report must match.
International Student Notifications
- The following international students must submit Immigration Services Agency of Japan notifications within 14 days of changes to their enrollment status:
- International students who already have a residence status of “student” and are entering Juntendo University without updating their period of stay.
- International students who will graduate from Juntendo University.
- Students graduating from Juntendo University
- Students entering Juntendo University from a Japanese language school or another university should complete:
- Submit the notification to the Immigration Services Agency of Japan or by mail:
- When submitting the notification by mail, send the filled forms to the following address and enclose a copy of your residence card and write “届出書在中” in red on the face of the envelope:
- 〒160-0004 東京都新宿区四谷1-6-1四谷タワー14階東京出入国在留管理局在留管理情報部門届出受付担当
- Due to Japanese immigration law, Juntendo University regularly reports each and every international student’s enrolment information including program start date and end date to Immigration Services Agency of Japan.
- Juntendo University must regularly report to the following information about students to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Immigration Services Agency of Japan:
- Those who graduate / complete courses
- Those who leave the university before graduation / course completion
- Those removed from university registration
- Those who are missing
- Those who are absent from school for more than one month since the latest residence status related activity is confirmed.
- If you fail to extend your period of stay, to provide a copy of renewed residence card, or to stay in constant contact with the university, you may be reported as missing. In case of not engaging in activities related to your residence status for more than 3 months, your residence status may be forfeited.
- International students must submit the Status of Residence / Part-time Job Notification Form to JUIC within 14 days at the following times:
- Entrance into the university
- Extension of period of stay
- Change of residence status
- Any changes to the information on a residence card
- If you obtain permission for a part-time job or change your workplace, you must also submit Status of Residence / Part-time Job Notification Form to JUIC within 14 days of its occurrence.