Visa procedures are dependent on:  

Length of stay

Short Term Stay

Mid to Long Term Stay

Residence Statuses



“Artist / Cultural Activities”


“Professor / Instructor”

Note: More residence statuses exist.


  1. Complete the Certificate of Eligibility procedures.
  2. Check with the Japanese Embassy or Consulate where you will submit the visa application about the required procedures.
  3. Submit the required visa application items to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate.