ARAI Masami, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Clinical Genetics
|1986||M.D., Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine|
|1986||Resident, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo Branch Hospital|
|1991-1992||Assistant, Department of Surgery, The University of Tokyo Branch Hospital|
|1992-1996||Ph.D., The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine|
|1996-2000||Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research|
|2000||Familial Cancer Center, The Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research|
|2006||Chief Doctor, Department of Clinical Genetic Oncology, The Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research|
|2012||Director, Department of Clinical Genetic Oncology, The Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research|
|2018||Associate Professor, Diagnostics and Therapeutics of Intractable Diseases, Juntendo University, Graduate School of Medicine. Genome Medical Center, Juntendo University Hospital|
|2020||Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Genetics, Diagnostics and Therapeutics of Intractable Diseases, Juntendo University, Graduate School of Medicine
Genome Medical Center, Juntendo University Hospital
- Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Testing
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC)
- Cancer Susceptibility Genes
- Lynch Syndrome
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Genetic testing for hereditary cancer susceptibility genes
- Genetic counseling for unaffected relatives of mutation carriers
- Surveillance specific to BRCA1/2 mutation carriers
- Registry of BRCA1/2 mutation carriers in Japan
- Human resource development for genetic counseling and clinical genetics
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles (162) ＜Total Impact Factor: 163.117, Citation Index: 437＞
Recent Main Publications
- Ikenoue T, Arai M, Ishioka C, Iwama T, Kaneko S, Matsubara N, Moriya Y, Nomizu T, Sugano K, Tamura K, Tomita N, Yoshida T, Sugihara K, Naruse H, Yamaguchi K, Nojima M, Nakamura Y, Furukawa Y; Japanese society for cancer of the colon and rectum (JSCCR). Importance of gastric cancer for the diagnosis and surveillance of Japanese Lynch syndrome patients. J Hum Genet. 2019 Dec;64(12):1187-1194. doi: 10.1038/s10038-019-0674-5. Epub 2019 Oct 7.
- Masami Arai, Shiro Yokoyama, Chie Watanabe, Reiko Yoshida, Mizuho Kita, Megumi Okawa, Akihiro Sakurai, Masayuki Sekine, Junko Yotsumoto, Hiroyuki Nomura, Yoshinori Akama, Mayuko Inuzuka, Tadashi Nomizu, Takayuki Enomoto, Seigo Nakamura. Genetic and clinical characteristics in Japanese hereditary breast and ovarian cancer: first report after establishment of HBOC registration system in Japan. Journal of Human Genetics. 63:447-457, 2018.
- Katsutoshi Sato, Mio Koyasu, Sachio Nomura, Yuri Sato, Mizuho Kita, Yuumi Ashihara, Yasue Adachi, Shinji Ohno, Takuji Iwase, Dai Kitagawa, Eri Nakashima, Reiko Yoshida, Yoshio Miki, Masami Arai. Mutation status of RAD51C, PALB2 and BRIP1 in 100 Japanese familial breast cancer cases without BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. Cancer Sci. 108（11）；2287-2294, 2017.
- Keiko Taki, Yuri Sato, Sachio, Nomura, Yuumi Ashihara, Mizuho Kita, Ikufumi Tajima, Kokichi Sugano, Masami Arai. Mutation analysis of MUTYH in Japanese colorectal adenomatous polyposis patients. Familial Cancer. 15(2); 261-265, 2016.
- Naruto Taira, Masami Arai, Masahiko Ikeda, Motoki Iwasaki, Hitoshi Okamura, Kiyoshi Takamatsu, Seiichiro Yamamoto, Shozo Ohsumi, Hirofumi Mukai. The Japanese Breast Cancer Society clinical practice guideline for epidemiology and prevention of breast cancer. Breast Cancer. 22(1): 16-27, 2015.