IKEDA Shigaku, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Dermatology and Allergology
|1982||MD, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
|1987||PhD, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine|
|1993||Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine|
|1995||Research Associate Professor, ibid|
|1995||Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
|2002||Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
|2004-Present||Professor, Department of Dermatology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
|2006-Present||Professor of Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Vice Director of Atopy (Allergy) Research Center, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine|
- Bullous Dermatosis
- Molecular Genetics
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Alopecia Areata
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Apheresis treatment for autoimmune bullous dermatosis
- Molecular genetics for alopecia areata
- Barrier dysfunction in atopic dermatitis
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles: 188
- Review Articles: 7
- Books: 1
- h-index: 34 (Web of Science)
- Sum of Times Cited: 4,125 (Web of Science)
Recent Main Publications
- Ikeda Y, Wada A, Hasegawa T, Yokota M, Koike M, Ikeda S: Melanocyte progenitor cells reside in human subcutaneous adipose tissue. PLoS One. 2021;16: e0256622.
- Zhao Q, Koyama S, Yoshihara N, Takagi A, Komiyama E, Wada A, Oka A, Ikeda S: The alopecia areata phenotype Is induced by the water avoidance stress test in cchcr1-deficient mice. Biomedicines. 2021; 9: 840.
- Oka A, Takagi A, Komiyama E, Yoshihara N, Mano S, Hosomichi K, Suzuki S, Haida Y, Motosugi N, Hatanaka T, Kimura M, Ueda MT, Nakagawa S, Miura H, Ohtsuka M, Tanaka M, Komiyama T, Otomo A, Hadano S, Mabuchi T, Beck S, Inoko H, Ikeda S: Alopecia areata susceptibility variant in MHC region impacts expressions of genes contributing to hair keratinization and is involved in hair loss. EBioMedicine. 2020; 57: 102810.