ITAKURA Atsuo, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
|1986||M.D. Nagoya University School of Medicine|
|1997||Ph.D. Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine|
|2000||Associate Professor, Department of Perinatal Care Center, Nagoya University Hospital|
|2006||Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Saitama Medical University|
|2013||Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
|2018-Present||Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine|
|2019-Present||Director of The Perinatal Medical Center, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine|
- Premature labor
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy
- Obstetric hemorrhage
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Coagulopathy in obstetrics
- Cervical cerclage
- Gestational diabetes
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles: 157
- Review Articles: 9
- Books: 1
- h-index: 24 (Scopus)
- Sum of Times Cited: 2,283 (Scopus)
Recent Main Publications
- Morikawa M, Matsunaga S, Makino S, Takeda Y, Hyoudo H, Nii M, Serizawa M, Itakura A, Adachi T, Kobayashi T. Effect of hypofibrinogenemia on obstetrical disseminated intravascular coagulation in Japan in 2018: a multicenter retrospective cohort study. Int J Hematol. 2021; 114: 18-34.
- Takahashi M, Miyatsuka T, Suzuki L, Osonoi S, Himuro M, Miura M, Katahira T, Wakabayashi Y, Fukunaka A, Nishida Y, Fujitani Y, Takeda S, Mizukami H, Itakura A, Watada H. Biphasic changes in β-cell mass around parturition are accompanied by increased serotonin production. Sci Rep. 2020 Mar 18;10(1):4962. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-61850-1.
- Miyakoshi K, Itakura A, Abe T, Kondoh E, Terao Y, Tabata T, Hamada H, Tanaka K, Tanaka M, Kanayama N, Takeda S. Risk of preterm birth after the excisional surgery for cervical lesions: a propensity-score matching study in Japan. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 34: 845-851.