OKADA Yasunori, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology for Locomotive Diseases
|1974||M.D. Kanazawa University School of Medicine|
|1978||Ph.D. Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine|
|1978||Instructor, Department of Pathology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine|
|1979||Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine|
|1983||Associate Professor, School of Allied Medical Professions, Kanazawa University|
|1994||Professor, Department of Molecular Immunology and Pathology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University|
|1997||Professor, Department of Pathology, Keio University School of Medicine|
|2001||Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, Keio University School of Medicine|
|2015||Visiting Professor, Department of Pathophysiology for Locomotive and Neoplastic Diseases, Juntendo University|
|2021-Present||Specially Appointed Professor, Department of Pathophysiology for Locomotive Diseases, Juntendo University|
- Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP)
- ADAM (A Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase)
- ADAMTS (ADAM with thrombospondin motifs)
- HYBID (hyaluronan binding protein involved in hyaluronan depolymerization)
- Tissue Destruction
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Joint destruction mechanism in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Molecular mechanisms of cancer invasion and metastasis
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles: 330
- Review Articles: 12
- Books including chapter: 12
- h-index: 87 (Web of Science)
- Sum of Times Cited: 24,271
Recent Main Publications
- Okada Y.: Proteinases and matrix degradation. In Kelley and Firestein's Textbook of Rheumatology. Ed. by Firestein G. S., Budd R. C., Gabriel S. E., McInnes I. B. and O’Dell J. R. 10th Edition, Elsevier Inc. Philadelphia. pp106-125, 2017.
- Mochizuki S., Shimoda M., Abe H., Miyamae Y., Kuramoto J., Aramaki-Hattori N., Ishii K., Ueno H., Miyakoshi A., Kojoh K. and Okada Y.: Selective inhibition of ADAM28 suppresses lung carcinoma cell growth and metastasis. Mol Caner Ther 17:2427-2438, 2018.
- Shiozawa J., de Vega S., Cilek M.Z., Yoshinaga C., Nakamura T., Kasamatsu S., Yoshida H., Kaneko H., Ishijima M., Kaneko K., and Okada Y.: Interleukin-6-stimulated expression of hyaluronan-binding protein involved in hyaluronan depolymerization is implicated in hyaluronan degradation in synovial fluids from knee osteoarthritis patients. Am J Pathol 190:1046-1058, 2020.