TANIGAWA Takeshi, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Public Health
|1980-1986||M.D. Kobe University School of Medicine|
|1986-1990||Ph.D. The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine|
|1990-1995||Instructor, The University of Tokyo Faculty of Medicine|
|1995-2002||Assistant Professor, University of Tsukuba School of Medicine|
|1999-2000||Visiting Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School, U.S.A.|
|2002-2008||Associate Professor, University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences|
|2008-2014||Professor, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine|
|2014-Present||Professor, Department of Public Health, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine|
- Sleep apnea
- Behavioral medicine
- Occupational health
Main Research Topics and Interests
- Preventive sleep medicine
- Screening for sleep apnea
- Cardiovascular disease epidemiology
Publications (in English)
- Original Articles: 226
- Review Articles: 12
- Book: 4
- h-index: 34 (Scopus)
- Sum of Times Cited: 4,275 (Scopus)
Recent Main Publications
- Ikeda A, Steptoe A, Shipley M, Wilkinson IB, McEniery CM, Tanigawa T, Singh-Manoux A, Kivimaki M, Brunner EJ. Psychological wellbeing and aortic stiffness: longitudinal study. Hypertension. 2020; 76(3): 675-682.
- Wada H, Kimura M, Shirahama R, Ikeda A, Gozal D, Tanigawa T. Pectus excavatum is associated with sleep-related breathing disorders in children. Eur Respir J. 2019; 54(4):1900524.
- Ikeda A, Charvat H, Shigemura J, Kales SN, Tanigawa T. Longitudinal trends in disaster- related insomnia among Fukushima nuclear plant workers:the Fukushima Nuclear Energy Workers' Support Project study. Sleep. 2019; 42(5):zsz043.
- Sakamoto N, Gozal D, Smith DL, Yang L, Morimoto N, Wada H, Maruyama K, Ikeda A, Suzuki Y, Nakayama M, Horiguchi I, Tanigawa T. Sleep Duration, Snoring Prevalence, Obesity, and Behavioral Problems in a Large Cohort of Primary School Students in Japan. Sleep. 2017; 40(3): zsw082.
- Ikeda A, Tanigawa T, Charvat H, Wada H, Shigemura J, Kawachi I: Longitudinal effects of disaster- related experiences on mental health among Fukushima nuclear plant workers: The Fukushima NEWS Project Study. Psychol Med. 2017; 47(11):1936-1946.
- Shigemura J, Tanigawa T, Saito I, Nomura S. Psychological distress in workers at the fukushima nuclear power plants. JAMA. 2012; 308(7):667-669.