Clinical Observership Program
- The Clinical Observership Program at Juntendo University is an observational experience.
- The Clinical Observership Program offers the opportunity to observe outpatient clinics, ward rounds, surgeries, laboratories, and conferences.
- Please review the COVID-19 Policies before applying.
- To view a list of the affiliations of previous observers please refer to the following link.
- To view comments from previous observers please refer to the following link.
- To view photo collages of clinical observers refer to the following link.
- The Department Guide lists
- openings for each department
- information about individual departments applicants may apply to, including: time periods, durations, application prerequisites, addition application requirements and observership content.
- Applicants should check the Application Guide to see whether they can apply.
- For applications before: November 1, 2022: All applicants must have required application items 1-12 confirmed 60 days before their desired start date to apply
- For applications on or after November 1, 2022: All applicants must have required application items 1-12 confirmed 120 days before their desired start date to apply
- Applicants should submit the required application items prior to the deadline.
- Applications will not be reviewed between 16 December 2022 - 9 January 2023, leading to a delay in the review process. Applicants who would like their application reviewed in 2022 should submit all of the required items before 7 December 2022.
- Applicants should send all required items to Juntendo University International Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should check the Application Guide to find more details about the required items.
- Passport Copy
- Personal Photo
- For applicants applying from countries where English is not the official language: English and/or Japanese Proficiency Test Score from one of the following: Cambridge English, CEFR, IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, or JLPT
- For medical students: enrollment certificate
For residents: resident certificate
For medical doctors: employment certificate
- For medical students: Proof the applicant has studied material relating to the department he or she wishes to apply to.
- For medical students: Proof the applicant has completed an observership, clerkship, or elective in a health care facility.
- Contact Person (Word Template)
- Letter of Recommendation (Word Template)
- Pledge (PDF)
- Health Examination Certificate (Word Template)
- Immunization Records and Requirements (PDF)
- Clinical observers must meet all of the immunization requirements to participate in the Clinical Observership Program.
- Covid-19 Prevention Pledge
- Personal Health Insurance
FeeMedical Students: Free
Residents and Doctors: 2,200 JPY per day